Friday, May 14, 2010

Bikes, Sites & Bullets.....




Today I went out a bike for the first time since I used to ride my BMX to work as a teenager and play bike-it in the woods! Not that long ago really. Apart from the rather unpleasant backside pain I endured it was great fun. God knows how my friends in France manage to sit on those bad boys coming down a mountain I will never know, the rather tame roads of East Sussex were a struggle for me. The next challenge I have set myself is to ride around the 26 miles of Bewl Water Reservoir. No mean feat!

I also spent the day began designing my first ever website (see above) and coming to the realisation that I really am living in England for good now so I need to embrace it. Still need to sort out where I am going to work and live, been looking at a few things but nothing solid yet. The idea of Liquid Mountaineering is driving me on though (see last entry) and once I am rich I can build that Slamball court I have always dreamed of. Well as long as you have the love of a good (and beautiful) woman and good friends and family then as the matress says....

I am not proud of what I am about to say. I have just listened to the new Bullet For My Valentine album and it is fantastic. I have never really liked them apart from a few songs but this new one is mega. They don't sound like they used to, I don't know what has happened but they seem a bit more like a hardcore band now rather than their previous incarnation as a pretend metal band. You can tell I am feeling more positive about everything now, my melancholy period of listening to The National on repeat has ended. Although The National are great, love them.

Make sure you win!


No comments:

Post a Comment