Wednesday, May 5, 2010

May 4th Be With You!

Yesterday - Wake Up, Have Breakfast, email Mark "May 4th Be With You!" Go into town to Apple Store, miss appointment, go to HMV to kill time, then I see this! Darth and friends walking along Oxford Street. Awesome. My nephews Samson & Ayrton were very impressed. Then a free Wagamamas very kindly bought by Neal and even a free bus ride home and drinks with good pals Jim & Allegra! Like Ice Cube said, 'Today was a good day".

Today - I feel inspired. Chris and Joe aka Missing Parsons who I used to have dealings with at Radio 1 have written a book about their USA road trip to visit many famous places from legendary songs, from The Joshua Tree to Heartbreak Hotel (which apparently doesn't exist and neither does Lonely Street or Hotel California). Well, if they can do something like that then so can I. And it is going to involve mountains.

I have realised that the best way to enjoy your life is to challenge yourself and not to sit around waiting for things to come to you. Adrenaline is better than anything, so I'm thinking about doing a sky dive, I would be so scared but everyone says it would be amazing, apart from Elliot who has kindly pointed out that if I can't handle going to Thorpe Park, jumping out of a plane is going to be a struggle for me! Good point but not what I want to hear. Still thinking about it.

Lewis, Fran's other brother, has very kindly donated a bike to me, I am going to ride around Bewl Water reservoir. 26 miles. Piece of cake.

1 comment:

  1. lunch was entirely a pleasure my friend, and skydiving is a life changing experience! do a tandem first mind!!

    ReplyDelete